BAPTIST = NEW TESTAMENT CHRISTIAN!
If you say that to someone, they sometimes will say, “What kind of Baptist are you talking about; because there are at least 300 kinds of Baptist.
Now, there is some truth to that; but I’m not speaking of Baptist of different kinds, or if you will, denominational types of Baptists, of the watered down kind. No, I’m speaking of Baptists who are distinctively Baptist, i. e., spiritual descendants of the first century Bible believing Christians, from the apostles on down.
- They believe in The Trinity, not in word, like works orientated churches of many different names, but in the sense that the first Christians did. In God, who is our Father, our Savior, and our Comforter and Teacher,
- They believe that Salvation is by grace, through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. That His blood cleanses the sins of those who are born again of the Holy Spirit,
- They believe that each one who is born again can interpret the Bible for themselves with the enlightenment of the Holy Spirit,
- They believe that there is no need for a “priesthood” distinct from the priesthood of every believer, nor for an individual or a hierarchy that is over more than one local church body; but rather they believe in the autonomy of each local body of believers,
- They believe that Jesus Christ is risen from the dead and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God the Father, making intercession for us.
- They are a missionary people, not taking beliefs of their own, or of some supposed authoritative church, but the Gospel according to Jesus Christ, as recorded in the Holy Bible, to the lost.
- To them the Holy Bible is peculiarly unique, being the Written Word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit and given to many different authors or agents to record.
- Of all people on earth they are most persecuted, hated, and derided, as were the Apostles, who preached the same gospel in the first century.
- They believe that Christ is coming again. That He will judge the living and the dead, and that those whose names are written in the “Lamb’s Book of Life,” will abide with Jesus Christ forever.